You may be more likely to develp breast cancer if you have any of these risk factors:
- Family history of the disease (meaning a mother, grandmother or sister had breast cancer before menopause)
- Menstrual period starting by age 11
- Older than 30 at time of first child's birth
- Consuming more than one alcoholic beverage a day
- Overweight by more than 20 pounds
- Age is the most importan risk factor of all, says Charles E. Geyer Jr., M.D. As you age, be sure to continue with regular screenings.
For more information about risk factors of breast cancer, Click right here.
For information about breast cancer in Men, Click here.